From our friends at Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
This vegan Tofu Frittata is the perfect dish for Sunday brunch! It’s also a great meal to serve for breakfast on holidays.
Yield: 4 servings
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 small red onion, diced
· 1 zucchini, diced
· 6-8 crimini mushrooms, chopped
· 1 16-ounce package firm or extra firm tofu
· 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
· ½ cup non-dairy milk
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· ½ teaspoon dried basil
· ¼ teaspoon tumeric
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
· sea salt
· 1 tomato, diced
· 2 scallions, chopped
· ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease a small casserole dish.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until it softens. Add the mushrooms and zucchini and cook for about 5 more minutes, until the vegetables become soft. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. In a food processor, mix together the tofu, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, basil, turmeric, cumin, ¼ teaspoon of sea salt, a few pinches of black pepper and the red pepper flakes, if you’re using them. Process until smooth.
4. Fold the vegetables into the tofu mixture and spread into the casserole dish. Top with the chopped tomato, scallions and olives.
5. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until the frittata is firm and golden brown.
6. Slice and serve!