From our friends at Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
Tofu Benedict is the ultimate vegan brunch dish! It’s made with greens, tomato slices, and tempeh bacon and then drenched in a dairy-free hollandaise sauce. It’s terrific on those days when you’re craving breakfast for dinner, too!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Report this ad
· 1 Tablespooon olive oil
· 1 small onion diced
· 1 clove garlic minced
· 1 red bell pepper chopped
· 1/2 cup mushrooms (white or brown) sliced
· 1 cup fresh spinach chopped (or use baby spinach)
· 1 pound extra firm tofu drained and squeezed to remove excess liquid
· 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
· 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
· 1 pinch black salt (Kala Namak) (optional)
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1/2 cup vegan Cheddar-style cheese shredded, plus extra for topping (optional)
· 35 frozen tater tots (or more to fill your casserole dish)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, and red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Once the onions are translucent, add the mushrooms and spinach. Saute until the mushrooms are soft and the spinach is wilted.
4. Crumble the tofu over the vegetables and add the turmeric, nutritional yeast, Kala Namak (if using), and salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the 1/2 cup of non-dairy shreds.
6. Arrange the tater tots in a casserole dish. Spread the tofu mixture over the tater tots in an even layer. Top with an extra sprinkle of shreds, if desired.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until heated through.
8. Enjoy as is or serve with ketchup or hot sauce.