From our friends at Cook eat Paleo
A dairy-free take on the classic Caprese salad. This avocado Caprese salad is bursting with fresh flavors from the garden. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
· 4 medium heirloom tomatoes
· 3 medium avocados
· 1 large bunch fresh basil
· 1 lemon, juiced
· organic extra virgin olive oil
· aged balsamic vinegar, optional
· sea salt
· fresh ground black pepper
1. Cut the avocado around the equator and remove pit. Slice into rounds, then remove peel. Lightly toss avocado slices in lemon juice.
2. Slice tomatoes and salt lightly.
3. Layer tomato slices, avocado slices and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, if using. Salt and pepper to taste.