From our friends at Big Man’s World
A delicious, quick and easy side dish for the sweet potato fans out
there- A sweet and salty spice rub take these grilled sweet potatoes to the
next level- Perfect for grilling season or an easy weeknight meal the whole
family would love! Naturally paleo, gluten free and vegan!
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, cut into discs
- 1 T coconut oil, melted*
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp + red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato
discs and coconut oil and mix roughly.
- Add the coconut sugar, sea salt, smoked
paprika and red pepper flakes and mix very well until potatoes are fully
- Heat a grill or barbecue and coat generously
with cooking spray or brush will coconut oil.
- Layer your sweet potato discs and cook for
approximately 12-15 minutes, flipping when charred and soft on one side
- * I tried this with 2-3 T oil and the sweet
potatoes stuck to the grill and became too soft. By only using 1
tablespoon, they came out charred and semi crispy!
- Cooking time depends on temperature and power
of your grill. Mine were done within 25 minutes, flipping once.