From our friends at My Whole Food Life
This Turkish Muhammara dip is super easy and tasty too. It’s another alternative to hummus. It would be great with veggies, pita chips or as a spread on toast.
The traditional dish calls for breadcrumbs, but this is grain free, with added extra walnuts. So, this recipe is vegan, gluten free and grain free.
Yields: Makes 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
· 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 1/2 cups walnuts
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· 1 1/2 T tomato paste or red pepper paste
· 1 T pomegranate molasses
· 1 T tahini
· 1 1/2 tsp cumin
· 1 tsp paprika
· 1 tsp sea salt
· Juice from 1/2 a lemon (or more to suit your taste)
· Handful finely chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a saute pan, cook the onions in olive oil until they become translucent. About 5 minutes.
2. While the onions are cooking, pulse the walnuts and garlic in the food processor a few times. Then add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture comes together. Lastly, add the cooked onion in and pulse a few more times.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
4. This should keep for at least a week in the fridge. Enjoy!